How to Apply
Master of Engineering (MEng)
The newly launched one-year, full-time, on-campus Master of Engineering (MEng) professional degree program is tailored to those desiring to pursue a career-focused, terminal advanced degree, with a dual emphasis on technical knowledge and leadership skills. Admission requirements and criteria are the same as the ones for those applying to the traditional Master of Science (MS) programs.
IMPORTANT: Please disregard the checklist on the online application that may indicate a missing GRE score; it is not accurate. We will contact you via e-mail if there are items missing from your application.
- Submit official transcripts: Order an official transcript to be delivered via mail OR by electronic submission (e-transcript). International applicants: please read additional information on submitting international transcripts.
- Please note: Transcripts that are uploaded to the application portal are not considered official. In order to begin the review process, an official transcript must be received. [If you completed your undergraduate degree at UCLA, please notify us via e-mail with your UID as we can pull your transcript internally]. Once official transcripts are received, they cannot be returned to the applicant.
Mailing address: UCLA Samueli School of Engineering, Master of Engineering Program: 4732 Boelter Hall, Box 951601, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601
Electronic delivery: (must be sent from the institution, not by the student)
- GRE Scores (school code is 9655).
- Three letters of recommendation: At least two of the three letters of recommendation must be academic references.
- Statement of Purpose: Describe your purpose in applying for graduate study. In particular, describe the relationship between your chosen area of study and your current or future employment. Include any additional information that may aid in the evaluation of your preparation for graduate study at UCLA.
- Personal History Statement (required as of 8/2019)
- Graduate housing questions? Please review the options at the UCLA Housing website.